Re: resolution sizes ?

by JOSEPH E SAULNIER <joesaulnier(at)juno.com>

 Date:  Tue, 2 May 2000 19:52:25 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, Hef.

I'm confused by your question.  The subject line states "resolution" and
the message body uses monitor size.  You seem to be talking about two
different animals here.

If you want the web page to remain the same size on a 15" monitor (or
17", 19", etc.) regardless of the resolution setting (e.g., 800x600,
1024x768, etc.) I'd say build your page inside a table using a percentage
for the table width settings.

On the other hand, if you want the web page to remain the same width on
all monitor sizes (15", 17", 19", etc.) I'd say build your page inside a
table using pixel settings for the table width settings.  In this case
the width changes if the monitor resolution changes.

joe