Re: Forms and Formmail on NT Server

by bkrWeb Services <bkrweb(at)bkrweb.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 May 2001 14:20:24 -0500
 To:  jgarber(at)bestweb.net
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've been out of time and it's taken me awhile to catch up on the mail in
this list so my response may be too late.  I had a similar problem not too
long ago.  I took over and redesigned a website that is on an NT
server.  I've always done forms for Unix servers before so this was
new.  Unfortunately, most of the responses I received were "get the client
to switch to Unix".  Of course -- that would have been my preference, but
the client wasn't interested in switching and I figure my job is to make it
work, not complain that I can only do what he's hired me to do if he plays
by my rules.  I checked with the tech people at the host company and they
told me it was easy with Front Page extensions.  I don't use Front Page, so
again no option.  I finally found a cgi program which I installed in the
cgi-bin and configured the .ini file so it would do what I want.  I got the
program at http://www.netwinsite.com/cgimail/ .  I can't speak for the
quality, but I can tell you that it works with no problems.  If you have
any questions about configuration, contact me.

Kathie Riechmann