Re: Problems with NN 4.7

by George Nielsen <genie(at)postone.com>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:23:52 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
For your information Tamara has found the right solution. I put the
stylesheet alongside the file index.html (outside any folder) and, lo and
behold, my Website could be seen by Netscape Navigator 3 and 4. Why these
browsers cannot see the stylesheet if it is in a folder I do not
understand; it seems illogical to me. Anyway, whatever the reason, now I
got it to work.

With Netscape, once I solve one problem, I encounter the next. In the
stylesheet I have specified Verdana and Tahoma fonts. With Internet
Explorer this requirement is respected. but with Netscape Navigator, some
fonts are Verdana, and some Times New Roman. It seems that those in tables
are Times New Roman. I guess that I will have to specify the fonts in
tables in my stylesheet.

Furthermore, Netscape users claim that they cannot see the buttons on the
left. but that is expected, as I have used a Java Applet for the buttons,
which Netscape is unable to show. I could use Flash, but that would require
a plugin in every browser.

I take the opportunity to thank every one who has helped me with this matter.

George Nielsen