Re: New Topic WYSIWYG

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Sun, 6 Dec 1998 00:00:18 -0800 (PST)
 To:  Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>,
hwg-theory <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would say Dreamweaver is a skilled web designer's dream.
Its real power is the ways it can be adjusted and
customized. It creates the most clean code i have ever
seen, as i said I cannot tell the difference between my
code and DW's. handles stylesheets nicely too, makes
applying classes very easy. code is certainly Transitional
valid, and depending what you do could be kept to Strict.

like i said, the real power comes from customizing. most
(i think all) of the automatically inserted code can be
edited, and even the tools (for instance, the popup window
to insert an image[and other things] is read from an HTML
file, so you can make your own or change all that too.) If
you haven't tried this and have Dreamweaver, go rooting
around the Configuration directory.

Only thing I would say is that it wouldn't work on a small
desktop, as there are a lot of floating windows for styles
and attributes and HTML viewer etc. It is tight on my
1280x1024 screen.

Certainly try it out, i can only imagine 2.0 is better. (I
am using 1.2a)

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- ..some tiny cows, two brushstrokes each,
       but confidently cows.. - 'Poem' by Elizabeth Bishop

---Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com> wrote:

> At 10:20 p.m. 12/05/98 -0800, Luke Opperman wrote:
> >First, I was anti-editor all the way. [...]
> >Then I used Dreamweaver. Here was an interesting gap in
my

http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
> Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet;
Fullerton, California
http://www.hwg.org/classes/
http://www.hwg.org/opcenter/w3c/voicebrowsers.html