re: Hello?

by Emerald Spirit <emerald_spirit(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:39:54 -0800 (PST)
 To:  aware-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Designing for accessability does not mean that you
have to get rid of all the whiz-bang features and
visual appeal.  Many of the requirements are simple
and sensible design requirements that all web
developers should already be doing.  Things like
adding meaningful alt tags to images.

While simplifying things down to a plain text page
would work, it would require keeping up two versions
of each page.  Why do that much work and have that
maintenance when you can make some small changes to
your normal site that doesn't deteriorate the appeal
to non-impaired persons?  Obviously, its not always
this simple, but from the research I've done the
solution is often much simpler than one would first
guess.

Rebecca

=====
Do while Project<>Completed