Re: Image Stealing

by "Ciril A. Prasaleff" <Ciril_Presley(at)mail.ru>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:22:30 +0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello!

>I have created a simple test site, listed below. I would like who ever
>wants to pop over to it and try to copy the little .gif image I created. It
>is just a few words saved as a gif file.
>
>http://www.bdshost.com/test/test.htm
>
>Let me and the list know what you find and if it copied ok. I would think
>it would slow down the everyday surfer. Be sure to check out the source
>code as well.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Darryle

I know the way to copy any image from the Web to hard disk using Windows.
There are four steps:

1) Press Print Screen Key to copy your screen into clipboard
2) In the window of graphics editor (such as e.g. PhotoShop) do Ctrl+double
click (or New in File menu)
3) Press Ctrl-V (or Paste in Edit menu). Copy of your screen will transfer
from clipboard to the editor
4) Use editor's tools (Select-Copy-New-Paste) to extract desired image from
the screen

This method is used by some of my friends to design HTML-pages. Thus I think
that noone image on the Web page can be 100% protected. Of course you image
too. I've copied it quick and easy.

Kirill A. Prasaleff
Ciril_Presley(at)mail.ru