Re: W3C HTML validator

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:16:16 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
From: Darryle <Darkrose.bds(at)worldnet.att.net>
> Excellent Point Sue!!  I have been searched for sites with this logo and
of
> the 19 sites I looked at, NONE passed validation. The link to W3C worked
on
> all but one. So why would anyone want to put this logo on their site
> knowing the site won't validate??? Anyone care to comment, that is
> displaying the logo on a invalid site? Is it just eye candy to show off?

I expect some of these pages started out as valid, but changes have been
made, and the page owner forgot to re-check the page.  I've done that
occasionally myself when I've been rushing and only making small changes -
major changes get checked before they are loaded to the website - so I do
occasional "spot checks" on individual pages, and fix any oversights I
find.  Can't really speculate beyond that, since, like you and Sue, I can't
figure out why anyone would want to put the logo on their page unless the
page did, in fact, validate.

> Can someone direct me to a site with the logo that does validate, I would
> like to look at one.

All of the pages on my website - URL below - validate, and carry the linked
logo so visitors - should they feel so inclined :-)  - can check for
themselves.

Regards,
Donna
--