Re: Still Needing Help

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:30:54 -0000
 To:  "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Michael Jon Muehlendorf" <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is going to go way off topic.

The Settings for Internet Explorer are in the registry.  The one in question
here is at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window_Placement

Being in the current user directory, it is no wonder an Uninstall/Reinstall
did not change the settings.

The Key in question is in binary.  I have not been able to get the exact
syntax for it, but I would imagine it is screen coordinates for upper-left
corner and offset.

Now for the bad news.  Most of IE's custom configuration is done from server
side installs IE has an administration kit for this purpose.  You can find
it here.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ieak/en/default.asp

Once you have it installed then read this for the location of the
documentaion.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q217/6/21.ASP?LN=EN-US&SD=g
n&FR=0&qry=ins&rnk=8&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SRCH&SPR=IEAK

If I find the documentaion for the screen coordinates I will post it.