Re: Probs Viewing in IE??

by Sandy Fields <webmaster(at)stankirsch.com>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:52:23 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:47 AM 09/13/1999 -0700, David Holm wrote:
>I was able to see the background on the first page just fine with MSIE 5.0
>release, but since it said it was optimized for viewing ONLY with Netscape I
>looked no further. That was enough of an unfriendly statement for my taste.

As with everything, this is a matter of opinion.  I have always preferred
Netscape to MSIE.  None of the pages I have ever created looked right in
MSIE in the past.  MSIE 5.0 is much better than the older versions, however.

>I NEVER use Netscape for anything except viewing my own pages to see if they
>can be viewed at all with it.

And I never use MSIE for anything except viewing my own pages to see if
they can be viewed at all with it.  It's all just a matter of preference,
and we should all realize that there are lots of people out there that are
using browsers other than the one we personally prefer.

-- Sandy
http://www.stankirsch.com