RE: Customers

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:22:57 -0800
 To:  "Brandon Coughlin" <bcoughlin(at)urx.com>,
"HWG-Business(at)hwg.org" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:41 AM 3/11/2002 -0800, Brandon Coughlin wrote:

>I do have a contract with him - about 3 pages long to be exact.

If you are doing web sites of any consequence, you cannot possibly cover
the many, MANY issues that need to be covered in the web designer/client
relationship in an agreement that is so short.  Clearly you have already
missed a significant point.  It is quite likely there are many other points
you missed as well that have just not come up...yet.

>  But yes
>this is something that I failed to include.  I guess it is one of those
>things that it is so obvious, that I didn't even think to add it when I was
>writing it.

"Obviously" not obvious to the client.

This reply is not considered legal advice and does not create any attorney
client relationship.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney at Law
Lawyering With Integrity
Internet Law, Publishing Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Music Law.  *A 6 Times Award
Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com