Re: first paid site!!!!

by Mike Mann <mmann(at)internetx.net>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:19:19 -0500
 To:  C and P <enigma(at)netcom.ca>,
hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Would some of you be so kind as to take a look and tell me what you see?
>How is the layout?  Navigation?  DL time?  Design?  etc etc.  Please
>include all your specs. :)

Specs:
Win95 on P233
64 meg of ram
800x600 res
16 million colors
T-1 access
etc so forth and so on

I like the layout of the site, easy to get around and nice to view. The one
thing I would change the look of is the red (just a personal thing). I
think that with the soft purple (some peoples calls it a lavander, but I
calls it a purple (Carl from swingblade)) letters that I would also go with
the same theme on the red. Make it a bit softer. If the company colors are
that bright red, then it's fine.
You might also want to state the link vlink and alink in your body tag.
That would eliminate you having to tell each font to use this color. Small
note about that. In your font tags, you tell it [FONT size=2 face="verdana,
arial, helvetica" color="red"] This works fine with most browsers, but
there are still plenty of folks using Netscape 2 or so that will not
understand the color="red" and thus it will default to the default color
(black). That would mean you would loose your links on the frames with the
black bg.
Right under the body tag, you have a set of pre tags. Since they are not
surrounding any text, you dont need them. This will not hurt anything to
leave them in, but since they are not nessary, it would be good html'ing to
take them out.

In your letter you stated that you just needed a few height and width tags
to complete the job, but there was nothing on the news and mail pages.

Overall: I really liked the site. Nice look and feel. You did a good job.
Michael Mann
Webmaster
Internet Express of Charleston
http://www.internetx.net