RE: CSS and XML for Dummies...

by "Gary Barber" <gazbe(at)omen.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:35:44 +0800
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

This is a little Off topic, but ...

This is just what I thinking the other day.  And up pops a Gartner Report
saying that in the US the big thing that is being implemented at the moment
by 50% of web sites is XML.  Its the flavour of the Quarter according to
this report.  Now personally I don't think much of these reports.

http://gartner12.gartnerweb.com/public/static/home/home.html

But, maybe I'm being a little thick here (;>) but if the Browser will not
support XML or XSL then whats the point. If the agent can't see it, its
still theory. I know that XML is great for Search etc and its what we need.
But at the moment only IE 5 (partly I think) supports XML. Maybe its just
too far off (next quarter maybe).

For Instance is Office 2000 XML aware. I know some editors and Application
Servers have provision for XML, buts thats all I've heard.

Any one else know anything, It's a great idea, just I'll like to see
something besides W3C trials etc.

Gary

radharc.