Re: Photo and photorealistic graphics

by Moira Ashleigh <moira(at)solsticesun.com>

 Date:  Sun, 8 Nov 1998 10:28:58 -0500
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Free - well yes it is free if you give them your email addy for
advertisements, and you even have the option of letting them keep a cookie
of your machine "so they can recognize you when you come back" and if you
use the images for NON-Commercial Personal use. I for one would like to
know where they got the images, but that is just the skeptical part of me.

I might opt for actually going to a local computer store and buying an
inexpensive photo disk - the cheapest is around $10.00. They usually list
the catagories of photos on the back.

And remember if you are using someone's photograph (especially off the web)
they are copyrightable just like any other art. Thus taking an image
without permission is considered stealing when you don't have the artist's
permission.

FWIW
Moira

>For FREE pix one of the better sites is www.xoom.com  The biggest
>complaint here is its rather cumbersome getting around/through the
>site to find things you want, but they do have a large number of pix
>and areas to offer.

>>Help!  Desperate woman in search of photos of things such as:  musical
>>instruments, animals, office equipment, etc.  JPEG or GIFs, doesn't matter.

Moira Ashleigh
Lead Designer
SolsticeSun Design
http://www.solsticesun.com