RE: IIS problems

by Keith Purtell <kpurtell(at)vantagemed.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:38:53 -0600
 To:  "'Bryan Bateman'" <batemanb(at)home.com>,
"'Kathy Evans'" <kje(at)vendetta.co.uk>,
"'Hwg-Servers (E-mail)'" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I'll implement your suggestions during the turkey-day holiday, then respond
with results. I did run some interim tests with odd results...

Browser           http://localhost  http://127.0.0.1
IE4               will not resolve  will not resolve
Communicator 4.7    will resolve    will not resolve

Communicator will pull up the default Web page and display it only if I use
the loopback domain name. One more oddity: IE will actually display a page
if I double-click an HTML file, but images will not display unless they are
coded in the page using IFRAME instead of IMG.

Keith Purtell, Web Designer
VantageMed Corporation