Re: Changing Registrar

by "Blue Tapp" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:29:39 -0600
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Their password protection system seems
> safe enough.

One more note about using registrars other than Network Solutions.  Last
week, I transferred DNS info for a client domain and this client had
registered this domain with NDN Registry (ndnregistry.net) but had not kept
his password or username.  When I called NDN, they required no proof of
identification but very, too very readily e-mailed a password and username
to me by my word only that I am the web developer for this domain.  I found
this chilling...  Any competitor could have called, pretended to be me, and
changed that DNS info which would have caused big problems!  We complain
about all the hoops we must jump through for NetSol to make any changes, but
those hoops are important and provide security that is being lost with some
of the registrars.  Be careful!
Blue

Blue Tapp
Blue's ArtHouse Graphics & Web Design