Re: Homesite (was RE: DreamWeaver 3.0 vs. DreamWeaver 4.0)

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:51:16 -0800
 To:  "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You're right, Win2000 doesn't do games all that well, but as I mentioned in
an off-list reply to someone else, games are not something I do all that
often (and when I do, it's usually MYST or RIVEN, and I have WinME for
MYST -- RIVEN plays fine in 2000). I use Win2K mainly because it's far more
stable than Consumer Windows (95/98/ME), and for me, the cost of Win2K was
paid for by not having to reboot multiple times a day due to resource
losses, or lose everything I was working on (because I was saving a backup
when the system crashed, wiping out everything I was working on in the
process). I use my system mostly for graphics and webdesign work, and for
me, Win2K has saved me time, effort, and headaches over Win98/ME. But's that
my experience. Not everyone will be the same.

Might I suggest a TRIPLE-boot option? LINUX/Win98/Win2000? It IS possible,
and then you'll have the best of ALL worlds -- stability (Win2K, LINUX),
games (Win98), flexibility (LINUX, Win2K (to a point))!

Kehvan