Re: Server Side Includes & WYSIWYG editors

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:51:53 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:41 PM 12/08/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Which WYSIWYG editors support Server Side Includes (they
>display them)?
>
>It would be nice if you could configure it not to look only
>for plain includes (SSI), but also for includes in PHP or
>includes in ASP...

Take a look at Macromedia's Dreamweaver UltraDev.  It not only supports SSI=
=20
in the editor but is now a full fledged Web application development=20
environment.  It has a live data preview that enables you to see the parsed=
=20
result of ASP, JSP and Cold Fusion code (with database connections)=20
pages.  Support for PHP should be added in the next version (at least many=
=20
users are asking for it in Macromedia news groups).  Download the trial and=
=20
give it a try.  It writes surprisingly clean code (both server and HTML=20
mark up) and I've been a die hard HomeSite user for years so I'm very picky=
=20
about clean code.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron