Re: books & mozilla

by "Tammy Scroggs" <tscroggs(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:20:36 -0700
 To:  <hwg-xml(at)hwg.org>,
ggalligan(at)transcomsoftware.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
On 26 Apr 00, at 14:30, Garreth Galligan wrote:

> >I think, XHTML is the 'in-between' since the "browsers in general" do not
> >support XML just yet.
>
> XHTML is an application of XML. It is merely 'updating' the various schemas
> of HTML 4.0 to an XML syntax. If a browser doesn't support XML it will not
> support XHTML.

I think this is an overstatement .... I think (know) that older browsers
are able to show at least simple XHTML pages.  For demonstration purposes
I've used Netscape 3.0 to view the W3C's XHTML pages, their DTD info
(given below) indicates they are written in XHTML and I am able to view
and print XHTML 1.0 spec from there

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xhtml-basic-20000210/xhtml-basic10.dtd">

Tammy

Tammy Scroggs
Black and Blue Ink