Re: Cheap Domain Registrations

by "Heather Peel, The Net Now" <heather(at)thenetnow.com>

 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:50:14 -0500
 To:  "Taylor-Made" <taymade(at)home.com>,
<hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
There is an important distinction here between registrar and host.  It is a
simple matter to change hosts, all you need to do is change nameserver (and
possibly tech contact) info.  I don't think that is what the person asked
about though.

To change registrars (i.e.  change from Network Solutions to Register.com or
wherever) is something else again.  I don't have specific info on that right
now, but will soon.  I can say however, that it can be done, and you do not
lose any of the time you had with the original registrar.  That is to say,
if you registered with one registrar for 2 years, and switched after 1 year,
you would still have 1 year remaining and paid for, even if you paid for
more years with the new registrar.  (I think this is new effective Jan. 15,
before you would lose your remaining time)

Heather

Heather Peel        email:   heather(at)thenetnow.com
The Net Now       website:   http://thenetnow.com
**  Affordable Web Hosting and Design  **