Re: "Forms" HELL!!!

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 23 Jan 2000 06:20:20 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Your first problem is due to using the "mailto:" hack as a form action.
This is highly browser dependant.  If the user's  system can't handle
it, your form doesn't work.  To add interactive elements to your site, I
would suggest to study various forms of CGI programming.  More
information can be found at Webmonkey.com, and Perl.com.  There are also
many free, pre-written scripts on the Web that you can obtain...just
configure and install them, and you're up and running.

The big advantage of CGI is that it is server-based, so you have more
control over the functionality.

I didn't see any JavaScript at the second URL...

Darrell