Re: Autorun?

by "N.Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:32:42 -0500
 To:  "Woody Bass" <woodyboi(at)mindspring.com>,
"webkat" <webkat(at)mmcable.com>,
"hwg" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I do this all the time.  I have clients that want to take their websites to
conventions, where they will have no internet hook up.  So I create the site
to function inside a folder, then I have an autorun file that calls up an
exe file that in turn looks for the default.htm.

I name my first splash page default.htm and that links into the rest of the
site.  It is a small file that was given to me by a friend and it isnt' mine
to give away.  So I did a search on google for autorun  and found quite a
few programs that will do this for you.  One in particular is Freeware.  You
can find it here:
http://www.ashzfall.com/products/autorun/index.html
I have never used this particular program, but it looks interesting.

Face it you will waste a CD or two at first until you get it right.  I
suggest investing in some real cheapies to test on, save your good ones for
the real deal.
If you don't like this program search on google and look at all the others
that are out there.

One thing I found is there is a crucial windows file that is required to run
both the one I have and this freeware program.   The file that is required
is Msvbvm50.dll
and on this site he provides a link to it.  It doesn't always come in all
windows machines.  I found this out when I sent a perfect CD to a client
only to have him call and say it wont' lauch I get this error, about a
required file.  So I sent it to  him, and all was well.

Have fun.

Nancy