Re: Follow-up (was: no code? How can they do this?)

by Kathy Wheeler <kathyw(at)home.albury.net.au>

 Date:  Tue, 20 May 2003 12:37:39 +1000
 To:  <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Tuesday 20 May 2003 09:16, Michael Kear wrote:
> Some of you were sufficiently thoughtful to enter the site and post
> vulgarities.

Sorry to hear about this Mike. It was sad act, childish and completely
uncalled for. I would like to think most people on this list are more
professional than that ... but then for every poster there are probably 10 or
more lurkers of unknown quality ...

The ironic aspect of your "friends" attempt to disguise his html, is that
those with enough clue to know what the html means can usually find a way to
view it (disabling javascript is one of the easiest - don't tell me "function
disabled" !!  ;-). So most likely the only people he can protect it from are
those who wouldn't know html if it up and bit them, making the whole effort a
total waste of time. But maybe he had some fun doing it and getting his
albiet temporary few seconds of fame from the list ;-)

Cheers,
KathyW.